Please join us at our Monthly Membership Meetings every second Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
New Members joining us for the first time and presenting your application please arrive early; about 6:30 p.m. and see the secretary so application can be processed and your questions answered.
If there is anyone who wishes to bake or purchase any refreshments for the meeting it is always appreciated.
If a meeting is cancelled due to weather or other conditions we will do our best to update the website calendar in advance.
Get a current Member a Gift Certificate for their Annual Renewal or purchase a Gift Certificate for your loved ones, family members, friends as a New Membership!
All Membership requirements apply.
Perfect gift for Valentines, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Birthday, Christmas, Appreciation/ Thank you Gift
Use the Contact Us Form and we will return your message.
Annual Membership Renewals:
Members annual dues shall be paid by January 31st of each year. Any member who fails to pay their dues before March 31st shall lose all rights and privileges of membership.
- Current Annual Dues are: $70.00.
- Life Members Dues: $20.00
- Every year as a renewal Member you are required to fill out a membership application, it must be signed/ dated and returned with your dues payment to the club mailing address. Membership Application
- Skowhegan Sportsmans Club- PO BOX 291, Skowhegan, Maine 04976
- Or you may bring to the club and put in the indoor locked mailbox located as you walk in the clubhouse meeting room to your left.
- Remember, if your membership lapses, you must rejoin as a new member, pay the initiation fee, and take another RSO range walkthrough. Please stay up to date.
- Membership cards will be mailed out in one batch prior to the locks changing on April 1st.
- Renewals are subject to approval. It is your responsibility to review the Range Rules annually.
- Bylaws: https://www.skowhegansportsmansclub.org/bylaws/
Below you will find a Membership Application, please fill this out completely and bring to the Membership Meeting with Annual Dues and Membership application fee of $25.00, $95.00 total. See above Meeting information.
The application includes yourself as the primary Member, however you may bring your spouse and children under 18 years of age with you to the Range. They cannot come to the Range without the primary Member. Spouses are encouraged to attend orientation with the primary member.
Most spouses who shoot regularly apply for their own Membership to support the Club and may visit the club without their spouse.
Join today and take your skills to the next level!
Learn and share tips from other shooters, advance your safety knowledge, and connect with others who practice your discipline.
For applications which are presented to the membership for the first time in November or December of a calendar year the dues will be paid through to the following calendar year. Any application presented to membership from January through October will pay full membership dues for that calendar year and then will owe dues on a yearly basis beginning the following January.
Once you become a member, join a committee or ask how you can help your club.
If you have any questions prior to joining us at a Membership Meeting please use the Contact Us Form.
Membership Application: Membership Application
Members Presented in June 2021, to be Voted on at July 2021 Meeting
The following individuals have interest in becoming Members of the Skowhegan Sportsmans Club and have presented their applications.
Orientation is the next step, please come to your scheduled orientation.
Your next meeting date to get your Membership voted on is: July 8, 2021 at: 7:00 p.m..
You must be present to complete your Pledge and receive your Membership Card.
If you have any questions please let us know. Thank you for your interest in becoming a Member of the Skowhegan Sportsmans Club!
Pending Meeting to Be Voted on and Take Pledge:
- John Jones- Clinton
- Joshua York- Skowhegan
- Dylan Shorty
- Steven Morrell Jr
- Tanner Snowden
- Barry Sites
VOTED in as New Members June 2021- Welcome to the Club!
- Pamela Knight- Rome
- Kristina Audie-Corson- Skowhegan
- Timothy McDermott- Skowhegan
- Brad Allen- Plymouth
- Charles Escudie-Browne- Fairfield
- Leslie Goins- Skowhegan
- Frank Harrison- Benton
- Mathew Burrill- Hartland
- Michael Connell- Hartland
- Bonni Davenport
New Member Orientation:
- Once your application is presented at your first meeting you will then attend the orientation as part of your Membership Commitment.
- Agreeing to (signing) a liability waiver and declaration acknowledging your responsibility as a range user
- Download and familiarize yourself with the:
- All new members need to attend a Range Safety and Procedures Orientation prior to using any of the facilities.
Use our Contact Us Form.
The Skowhegan Sportsmans Club has the most amazing, awesome, incredible and fabulous volunteers!
Without these volunteers our club would not exist! Everything you see has taken time and funds of those who have been involved.
Next time you see one of these stellar people, stop and thank them for their tireless efforts, keeping things running smoothly, for the benefit for all. Then be sure to ASK HOW YOU CAN HELP! We want to share the responsibility and not have people burn out.
An active role in your club makes it an inviting atmosphere, find a way to help whether it be behind the scenes with membership mailings and like duties or giving your time on the club property and ranges at your convenience.
It takes a lot of volunteer time to ensure things run smoothly: there is set-up, tear-down and cleaning during events, classes, meetings.
Meetings- we need tables/chairs set-up and then broken down, 50/50 ticket sellers, raffle sellers, clean up after the meeting. It is all important.
You do not have to be committed to every class, every meeting but if you can dedicate some time here and there let us know.
During the Safety Courses- we need Volunteers who can commit to helping with set-up, be there for instruction, to help with clean-up.
Club Matches: we need people who will set-up, help direct people, clean-up: it all helps!
We have general maintenance of the clubhouse, club grounds and range grounds. Mowing, Target Repairs, Maintenance of ditches and culverts.
There’s no denying that volunteers are an integral piece to the club. Volunteers are the heart and soul of who and what we are.
Your club needs you, reach out to find out how you can help. Thanks!
Guest and Liability:
Members of the Skowhegan Sportsmans Club have a responsibility to read and understand the Range Rules.
- It is the Members responsibility to go over the Range rules with their guests.
- Family, guests, or those younger than 18 must be under direct supervision by the member at all times.
- A limit of 2 (two) guests per member per visit.
- A guest may visit the range with a member a maximum of 3 (three) times, after which membership is
- Guests need to fill out a Liability Form at every visit.