We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that offers Outdoor Safety Education Classes such as Hunter Safety, Archery Safety and ATV Safety. We sponsor activities and events where proceeds go to benefit other non-profit charities. The club is a NRA affiliated organization that offers various Firearm Safety Classes. We also rent our club house for special events such as weddings, receptions, anniversaries and Birthday parties. If you are interested in renting the club house, please contact Russell Corson at 474-5361 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Our member's have access and limited use of the facilities. In addition, any Charitable event is given free use of the facility as well. Rental Fees
September 11, 2014 Membership Meeting Highlights
* 32 Members present, and 3 guests
* 4 New Applicants presented, to be voted on: October 9, 2014
1. Cody Clement
2. Kent Stevens
3. Manuel Yarberry
4. Bruce Patten
* 2 Members Voted on and accepted into Membership
1. Norman Poulin
2. Rodney Corson
* The Range Committee scheduled a work party for September 20, 1014 at 8 a.m.- Bring hammers. See link for more info
********A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS TAKEN PART********
* Pistol shoot for September 20, 2014 has been cancelled and replaced with work party.
* The Remington 870 Tactical Shotgun tickets are for sale. Only 200 being sold at $10.00 each. There are not a lot left. Thank you to everyone who has been selling and purchasing tickets! Thank you to Paradis Outfitter's for supporting our raffle.
* Safety & Education:
-Handgun Safety Class- September 28, 2014
-Bow Safety- September 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19
-Crossbow Safety- September 22, 23
-Hunter Safety- October 20, 22, 25
-Range Safety Officer Class- to be announced, if you are interested add your name to the list by contacting Mark Daigle- Jan/Feb of 2015
* Budget Committee to be formed at the October Membership meeting
* The Save Maine's Bear Campaign - a challenge to all Clubs to raise $500.00 up to $10,000 was made and to be matched by SAM. In just one meeting, the club members, raised $582.00 and others have committed as well. Updates will be posted on Facebook. If you would like to contribute, mail your check to the club. Thank you to all who donated!
* 50/50 Raffle- $75.00, Roger won and donated to the club! Thank you Roger!
Range/club orientation is now MANDATORY for all Members. Please contact Mark Daigle, range officer, if you have not taken your orientation at:
Mark will provide you with a date & time to attend. Thank you.
The Safety Education team is looking for instructors to help with Inland Fish and Wildlife Safety Courses. We are also looking for members to do NRA Safety Instruction in Firearms Safety. Contact Russ at 474-5361 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our regular meetings are held at 7:00 PM at the Sportsman's Club on the second Thursday of each month with the exception of July and August which will be on the fourth Thursday of the month. The meeting days are subject to change, but will be posted in advance.
Check out our information page for more information and important dates.
We are located on the River Road in Skowhegan, Maine. For more details click on view larger map below.
Our GPS Coordinates are:
North - 44Degree, 43.382` Lat
West 69 Degree 38.291` Lon
Use 1232 East River Road as the address for the GPS and it will bring you right to us.